For students and E-Members, the ACI Foundation provides a number of Fellowship and undergraduate Scholarship possibilities. Annually, ACI Foundation Fellowships and Scholarships are given to students with a passion for concrete to assist them in achieving their academic and professional objectives. As determined by the college or university during the award year, the student must be enrolled full-time as an undergraduate or graduate student. Applications from all over the world will be welcomed, but the award year’s study must take place in the United States or Canada.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
Application Deadline: 1st November, 2023.
Eligible Countries: All
Fields of Study: Structural Design, Materials, Construction
Eligibility: Each student is limited for the duration of their studies to receiving no more than one fellowship and one scholarship from the ACI Foundation.
All fellowships and scholarships will have a single online application. The form will automatically show the fellowships and scholarships for which you might qualify once you’ve provided the necessary information. Have the answers to the following questions prepared before starting the application:
- Have you ever received a fellowship or scholarship award from the ACI Foundation?
- When submitting the application, what is your current academic status (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD)?
- When the award cycle begins in Fall 2024, what will your academic status be (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD)?
- (Fellowship applicants only) If chosen as a finalist, can you attend an interview in person at the spring ACI Concrete Convention on March 27, 2023? Travel, registration, and hotel arrangements will be made through and paid for by the ACI Foundation. All travel will be contingent upon country and state restrictions at that time. If in-person interviews can not occur, the process will be virtual.
- (Fellowships with Mandatory Internships) Can you fulfill a 10- to 12-week internship during the summer of 2023?
Selection Criteria: Based on essays, submitted data and endorsements, the Scholarship Council of the ACI Foundation will select scholarship and fellowship recipients who appear to have the strongest combination of interest and potential for professional success in the concrete industry.
Value of Award: Fellowship recipients will receive the following:
- $10,000 USD educational stipend for tuition, residence, books, and materials;
- Appropriate recognition in Concrete International magazine and on the Foundation website;
- Paid travel expenses and attendance fees to two ACI conventions (must be used during the award year). Fellowship finalists must attend the Spring ACI Convention to be interviewed.
- Matched with an industry mentor.
Masters recipients will receive $5,000 educational stipend
Visit The Official Website For Further Information.