The International Master’s Award of Excellence, valued at $2,500 per term for a maximum of five full-time terms within the permitted programme time limits (6 terms), will be given to qualified international master’s students who are typically enrolling in a research-based graduate programme at the University of Waterloo starting on May 1, 2019 (spring 2019 admissions cycle). Based on the amount of awards allocated to the Faculty, faculties will recommend qualified students. Students will be chosen based on their applications for admission to the graduate program’s entrance requirements, which must exhibit academic distinction.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Value of Award: $2,500 per term for a maximum of five terms.
Eligible Field of Study: All
Eligible Countries: International/study permit student
Selection Process: Student selected automatically by Faculty/Department
Eligibility & Selection Criteria:
- International students who are registered full time and assessed international tuition fees.
- Normally given to students in research-based programs (thesis or major research paper).
- Will normally only be given to students entering the first term of their program (term 1.0).
- Students must demonstrate academic excellence through criteria established by the Faculty.
- Students must meet the academic progress requirements of their program and not have outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- This award could be in addition to other internal or external scholarships (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc). Note: scholarships are different than sponsorships – see next bullet.
- Normally, students should not be concurrently receiving foreign government or agency sponsorship (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc) or be fully or partially self-funded in excess of the Faculty minimum levels of support.
- Students grand-parented under the existing IMSA program cannot be nominated for an IMAE; however, a student previously awarded an IMSA for a previously completed master’s degree can be nominated for an IMAE.
- Students will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission. Departments and/or Faculty will define their own internal process by which they select recipients based on the eligibility criteria and allocation.
- Faculties may impose stricter eligibility criteria as appropriate.
Visit The Official Website For Further Information.